The FMTC team is always looking for ways to improve our products and our clients’ user experience. We are excited to announce that we have updated our categories taxonomy. These updated categories will help you enhance UX by providing an improved classification of the 200,000 deals in our feed.
What’s New in the V2 Categories
A lot has changed in e-commerce since we created our categorization, including new product categories entering the market and deeper segmentation of current categories as more and more products become available for online purchase.
You’ll now find new product categories like:
- Personal ID Protection
You’ll also see a deeper and more precise segmentation of old categories like:
- “Food and Gourmet” used to have only 2 subcategories of “Online Grocery” and “Wine and Spirits”. We moved “Wine and Spirits” into its own category, and added “Restaurants” in it’s place along with a new “Food and Beverage” subcategory with over a dozen sub-categories for specifics like “Organic”, “Frozen Foods” and “Meats and Seafood”.
- Electronics, Computers, Sporting Goods, Fitness, Toys and Games and Vehicles and Parts have also been heavily expanded with new subcategories.
Lastly, you’ll see a new set of Restricted Categories that will give you the ability to opt-in to content that may not be appropriate for all readers. These include:
- Adult (Erotic)
- Alcohol and Beer
- Firearms (Hunting and Shooting)
For a detailed view of the categories and changes, click the links below to compare V1 and V2 (great for current clients planning to upgrade!):
Current subscribers must update a setting in feed settings to access the upgrade.
To enable V2 categories login to your FMTC.co account:
- Select the Feed Management menu option
- Click on Feed Settings
- Under “Deals Feed Settings” click on the “Enable V2 Categories” box
- Just below that, you’ll have the option to opt-in to restricted categories as well
- Save your changes
Current clients and those on a free trial can login to review documentation or contact support if you have any questions.