We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
If you want a quick break from your daily tasks, read these 12 fun facts! You may be surprised at what you don’t know.
12 Interesting Facts
- Need gas but you’re driving a new car or someone else’s car? If you’re not sure what side the gas tank is on, take a look at the gas symbol on the fuel gauge. Most cars have an arrow that tells you what side of the car the gas tank is on.
- Did someone tell you the blood in your body blue until it hits oxygen? Not true! With or without oxygen, your blood is always red. It just appears blue due to the way light reflects off our skin.
- Have you ever called a baby horse a pony? Wrong! A baby horse is actually a foal while a pony is a small breed of horse.
- Elephants are the only mammal that can’t jump – unless we’re talking about Dumbo who jumps from a platform!
- 1/4 of all human bones are in your feet
- See an expiration date on your honey? Honey is surprisingly the only food that doesn’t go bad. Even honey found in Egyptian tombs was still good!
- Think we only use 10% of our brains? We actually use 100% of our brains, just not all at once.
- Do you worry that your cellphone might eventually kill you? Although it does emit some radiation you don’t have to fear your phone. Believe it or not, you emit more radiation than your cell phone does!
- Think lobster is a “fancy” meal? In colonial America, lobster was so cheap and abundant that it was often served to prisoners.
- Just because someone has “seen something with their own eyes” doesn’t make their memory 100% accurate. A memory is simply a recollection of the last time someone remembered something and each time our brain reimagines something, it can add or take away details.
- Want to buy less when you’re out shopping? Try not to touch! Just by touching an item, it will make you more likely to buy it.
- Did you enjoy the Superbowl? During an average NFL game, there are just 11 minutes of football action (according to a study by the Wall Street Journal). It’s a good thing we usually have good food and conversation during games!